Thursday, February 4, 2010

The big update

I don't know if anyone will notice (indeed, I don't even know if anyone other than myself looks @ this blog) but I've been updating things. Blog off-shoots such as The Years of Hiromi, The Years of Miyuki, Sisters, V.S., etc. are being updated with clearer/smaller download-time images. Old images are being replaced with better versions, backgrounds are being made clearer & in some cases being changed all together. Yes folks I have discovered the png.
.
Yes the png. Gif files were, in the past, a way to get an image on your website/blog that were very small in size so they uploaded fast... but @ the cost of image quality. Then jpg files had great quality (compared to gif's) but were oh-so-much larger in size. Then came the png. A png file has fantastic quality (not even comparable to a gif while much better than a jpg) &, while not as small as a gif, is much smaller than a jpg.

.
So that's what's going on. The Years of Hiromi, The Years of Miyuki & Sisters have all been completed. Check them out. This main blog page has had a start & updates will continue throughout the weeks. So thanks for reading, Dyani, & I hope I appreciate all the work I put into this for me to see it.

No comments: